Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic Sled Race, February 23rd At Mt. Holly
Time for a little fun on the slopes. Join us on Saturday, February 23rd for the first annual “Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic Sled Race” presented by Banana 101.5 Grab a friend and start constructing your very own cardboard sled to tear up the hillside. There will be cash prizes and bragging rights for the top sleds.
The “Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic” is definitely going to be an event you are not going to want to miss. We’ve taken over one of the slopes at Mt. Holly and are looking for teams of two to fight for the title of “Kings of the Mountain.” We’ve also brought back our friends at Black Tie Productions to play some tunes and keep the party going. Check out all the details below.
- When: Saturday, February 23rd (Registration at 1pm; Judging of sleds begins at 2pm; races to follow)
- Where: Mt. Holly, (13536 S. Dixie Highway in Holly, MI)
- Cost: $15 entry fee per each team of two
- Stop by the Banana Studios Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm to pay your admission fee and receive your sled “starter kit” which includes Banana decals and a 80″ X 105″ piece of corrugated cardboard to get you started. Starter Kits are courtesy of Landaal Packaging on Iron St. in Burton.
- It is an all ages event, but all contestants must sign a waiver (contestants 17 and under must have a signed waiver from a parent or guardian.)
- Construction Materials:
- Only cardboard, tape, glue, wax, and paint can be used to build your sled. (You can use any kind of tape or glue)
- NO WOOD, PLASTIC, OR METAL ALLOWED. Any additional or unapproved materials will be cause for disqualification of the sled.
- Sled specs:
- For safety, each sled MUST have a braking system (feet are allowed.)
- The sled can be as big/small as you like as long as two riders can fit on it.
- Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third places teams with the first place team winning the title of “Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic ‘Kings of the Mountain 2013.'”
- Judging Categories: Each sled will be judged on the following criteria
- Creativity of the sled
- Best Costume
Sign up here if you think you have what it takes to compete. Check out the video below to get an idea of what the First Annual “Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic” will be like.
Subscribe to Banana 101.5 on