Cardboard Classic Starter Kits Are Now Available At The Banana Studios
The First Annual Banana 101.5 Cardboard Classic Sled Race is only one month away! We will be taking over Mt. Holly and tearing down the hill on some homemade sleds. If you are already signed up, you can stop by the Banana Studios any weekday from 8am-5pm to pay your entry fee and pick-up your starter kit…
The “Cardboard Classic” is definitely going to be an event you are not going to want to miss. We’ve also brought back our friends at Black Tie Productions to play some tunes and keep the party going on the hill. Check out all the details below.
- When: Saturday, February 23rd (Judging of sleds begins at 2pm, races to follow)
- Where: Mt. Holly, (13536 S. Dixie Highway in Holly, MI)
- Cost: $15 entry fee per each team of two
- Stop by the Banana Studios Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm to pay your admission fee and receive your sled “starter kit” which includes Banana Stickers and a 80″ X 105″ piece of corrugated cardboard to get you started (Be sure to bring a truck.) Starter Kits are courtesy of Landaal Packaging on Iron St. in Burton.
- It is an all ages event, but all contestants must sign a waiver (contestants 17 and under must have a signed waiver from a parent or guardian.)
- Construction Materials: Only cardboard, tape, glue, wax, and paint can be used to build your sled. Any additional or unapproved materials will be cause for disqualification of the sled.
- Sled specs:
- For safety, each sled MUST have a braking system (feet are allowed.)
- The sled can be as big/small as you like as long as two riders can fit on it.
- Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third places teams with the first place team winning the title of “Banana 101.5′s Cardboard Classic ‘Kings of the Mountain 2013.’”
- Judging Categories: Each sled will be judged on the following criteria
- Creativity of the sled
- Best Costume
Sign up here if you think you have what it takes to compete.
Oops! We could not locate your form.