Father Shares Emotional Warning of Button Battery That Killed His Daughter [VIDEO]
I had no idea about the dangers of button batteries, especially for babies and toddlers. Obviously they could be a choking hazard, but even that doesn't enter my mind when I think of the battery.
According to WDIV, beyond the choking hazard, it’s possible that the battery can corrode inside a body, resulting in internal bleeding from the burning caused by the battery mixing with bodily fluids.
Apparently, if the battery is swallowed a child may not even show any symptoms of anything being wrong. What's even scarier is that a reaction can happen in as little as two hours.
An accident like this happened to 2-year-old Francesca in May of 2016. In the video above, her father shares her heartbreaking story.