Here’s What Marijuana Legalization Proposal Looks Like on Nov 6th Ballot
It's so important that you get out and vote November 6th in the general election especially if you'd like to see the legalization of marijuana.
This is something I'd really like to see happen as I think many of us can agree the legalization of marijuana is long overdue. Whether it's for medical or recreational use, it needs to become legal. I don't want to get into a weed debate or anything like, I just want to you to see what the proposal will look like on the ballot come November 6th.
According to WDIV, if the proposed marijuana law was to pass, individuals 21 and older would be able to use and cultivate marijuana products. It would also authorize commercial sales of marijuana through state-licensed retailers
This proposal would:
- Allow individuals 21 and older to purchase, possess and use marijuana and marijuana-infused edibles, and grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal consumption.
- Impose a 10-ounce limit for marijuana kept at residences and require amounts over 2.5 ounces be secured in locked containers.
- Create a state licensing system for marijuana businesses and allow municipalities to ban or restrict them.
- Permit retail sales of marijuana and edibles subject to a 10% tax, dedicated to implementation costs, clinical trials, schools, roads, and municipalities where marijuana businesses are located.
- Change several current violations from crimes to civil infractions.
Should this proposal be adopted?
On November 6th I will be voting "yes" when answering the question above.