House Fire Caused By Fridge Powered With Extension Cords.
Here is a quick PSA (Public Service Announcement) for everyone.
When you are using an extension cord to plug something in make sure it is not a large major appliance like a refrigerator or even an air conditioner.
Well that is what one guy decided to do yesterday in Washington DC and you guessed it, he ended up burning his house down. Now we have all been there before where you need to get some juice to something and the cord just isnt long enough. That is when you end up moving things around to plug it into a wall outlet.
Speaking with some friends of mine who are Firefighters in the area said that extension cords are to be used for smaller electrical things such as lamps or even outdoor lights. Not high powered appliances like a fridge due to the fact that they will over heat and ignite.