Four teeth and forty stitches ago, this man brought forth an e-cig to his lips. 

I can't even begin to imagine the shock, let alone the pain of an unexpected explosion in your face from something as basic as vaping. There was blood on the ground and burned pieces of the vape stuck in the fence at Palisades Park in Pearl City, OAHU where the victim, Matt Yamashita was going to play basketball. He just wanted a few puffs before he hit the court and instead ended up with stitches holding his mouth together. According to reports, Yamashita said he quit smoking cigarettes and switched to vaping a few years ago. He also says he's thankful to be alive and that he can still taste and see.

[GRAPHIC VIDEO]