MDOT Suspends Road Construction Projects During Holiday Weekend
As we approach the holiday weekend, many of us try to get the hell out of town. Sadly, summer in Michigan often leads to construction slow downs on the road. However, this weekend, MDOT is trying to make your holiday travels easier.
Even though many projects are being suspended, you still might see some slow downs due to the projects already being started. If you are making your way around the mid-Michigan area, here are the changes they're making for the weekend.
Mid-Michigan and Thumb Areas
- Wheeler Road, Bay County, will be closed at M-13 with traffic detoured on Monitor Road, Wilder Road, and 2 Mile Road.
- I-75/I-675 interchange, Saginaw County, has lane closures and traffic shifts at the north junction between Exit 154 and Exit 160. Three lanes will be open in the peak direction of travel with a moveable barrier wall.
- M-24, Lapeer County, has traffic shifts and lane closures in effect from Nepessing Road to Davis Lake Road. One lane will be open in each direction.
- M-57 in Clio, Genesee County, has lane closures to accommodate city work. One lane will be open in each direction.
- M-83 in Frankenmuth, Saginaw County, has one lane open in each direction over the Cass River.
- US-127 Business Route in Mt. Pleasant, Isabella County, is closed at North Mission Road with traffic detoured to M-20 (Pickard Road) and US-127.
Check out the complete list of changes here.