Michigan Home Catches Fire After Family Throws Out Fireworks [VIDEO]
This is a good reminder of what you need to do after you light off fireworks at your home.
According to WDIV, a home caught fire late Wednesday night in West Bloomfield after the family put their used fireworks in a trash bin leaning against the home. They heard a popping and snapping sound and that's when they realized what was happening. They attempted to put out the fire themselves before calling 911. Luckily no one was hurt but there is significant damage to the home.
The best thing to do after lighting off fireworks is to hose them down and leave them out overnight before throwing them in the garbage.