Michigan Vet Warns Against Giving Pets Human Medication [VIDEO]
My dog has really bad allergies and every once in awhile I give him Benadryl to help with his symptoms. Of course, before doing this I checked with my vet to make sure it was safe.
One thing you don't ever want to do is give your pets painkillers that are intended for humans. I'm not just talking about prescription drugs, over the counter meds are just as dangerous.
If your pet gets into medication, contact your veterinarian or if after hours the emergency vet. There is also the Pet Poison Helpline (855) 764-7661.