Mid-Michigan Family Has Power Shut Off By Consumers With No Warning [VIDEO]
The lights had been put up, the heat was cranked up, all before the meter box was yanked up.
Rashell Brock and her family are now relying on a generator to keep their home powered, after a Consumers Energy worker cut power to their home last Thursday. According to WNEM, the mother of two said that the worker just took the meter and left without telling her what was going on, and never returned. When she called Consumers to find out what was going on, she was told that the meter box was overloaded and showed potential signs of danger. Now Brock says her family is spending $45 a day to keep the generator going, and will have to do that until they can get the area rewired, which involves getting a permit and an inspection. Deborah Dodd, a spokesperson from Consumers, says that once they get the wiring issue fixed, power will be restored immediately.