We’re nearing the end of November, and it’s obvious: Movember staches are everywhere. I’m impartial when it comes to the whole beard/facial hair trend, but since Movember is for a good cause, it’s impossible not to support it. Check out some random facts about Movember below, and remember, December is only a week away!
Also, view the Banana’s Movember Team Bananastache here.
Movember Facts (via the Pacific Standard):
- Movember is an official global charity, raising awareness and money for men’s health.
- In the U.S., Movember raised $21 million in 2012, up from $15 million the previous year.
- Of the $21 million raised in the U.S. last year, 83 percent went toward men’s health programs, while 11 percent was allocated to fundraising and administrative costs, and the remaining six percent went into a retention fund that’s dedicated “to cover future campaigns and to ensure the long-term continuity of the organization.”
- In the U.S., Movember donates to three causes: the Livestrong Foundation, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and its own Global Action Plan (GAP) program.
- In some of the more moustache-established countries like Australia and Canada, the goal is to maintain Movember’s place rather than to continue its torrid growth.