Patient Set On Fire During Surgery
As if the thought of surgery isn’t scary enough. An unidentified patient was set on fire at Scarborough Hospital in North Yorkshire. The Sun is reporting that the incident occurred when a solution used to clean skin was ignited. What was the solution, gasoline?
The victim was treated for the burns and then transferred to another hospital. I’ll say! Who would want to stay there after that? Accidents of course do happen, but certainly you hope they don’t during surgery. When you are under anesthesia, you can’t exactly STOP – DROP – and ROLL!
Hospital chiefs said they were “very sorry for any pain and distress”. Okay, thanks for that! Once the smell of burning skin goes away, I bet the hospital will start to smell a lawsuit.
My advice, try to fire proof yourself before any medical procedures.