Register Now For The Second Annual Tim Horton’s Cardboard Classic Sled Race
It is back! Time to start constructing your cardboard sleds to compete for cash money. We had a blast last year on the hills at Mt. Holly and this year will be no different!
Time for a little fun on the slopes. Join us on Saturday, February 22nd for the second annual “Tim Horton's Cardboard Classic Sled Race” with Banana 101.5 Grab a friend and start constructing your very own cardboard sled to tear up the hillside. There will be cash prizes, trophies, and bragging rights for the top sleds.
We will be joined once again by our friends at Black Tie Productions to keep the music going while we tumble down the hill.
The “Cardboard Classic” is definitely going to be an event you are not going to want to miss. We’ve taken over one of the slopes at Mt. Holly and are looking for teams of two to fight for the title of “Kings of the Mountain.” Check out all the details below.
- When: Saturday, February 22nd (Registration at 1pm; Judging of sleds begins at 2pm; races to follow)
- Where: Mt. Holly, (13536 S. Dixie Highway in Holly, MI)
- Cost: $15 entry fee per each team of two
- Cardboard Classic "Starter Kits" are available now at the Banana Studios and Two Steps Higher on the corner of Hill and Torrey Roads.
- It is an all ages event, but all contestants must sign a waiver (contestants 17 and under must have a signed waiver from a parent or guardian.)
- Construction Materials:
- Only cardboard, tape, glue, wax, and paint can be used to build your sled. (You can use any kind of tape or glue)
- NO WOOD, PLASTIC, OR METAL ALLOWED. Any additional or unapproved materials will be cause for disqualification of the sled.
- Sled specs:
- For safety, each sled MUST have a braking system (feet are allowed.)
- The sled can be as big/small as you like as long as two riders can fit on it.
- Prizes: $500 in cash, trophies, and bragging rights will be on the line.
Check out some of the photos from last year here.
Sign up here if you think you have what it takes to compete. You can also register at Two Steps Higher, on the corner of Hill and Torrey Roads next to Scooters.