Several Michigan Beaches Closed Due To Contamination
Michigan in the summer is a glorious thing. The only downside is when beaches close because of contamination. If you're planning on hitting the beach this weekend, you might want to read this first.
Growing up in St. Clair Shores, Metro Beach was a great place to go. However, there were countless times it was closed for some sort of contamination. Here are four beaches that are currently closed for the same reason:
- Maple Park, White Lake in Muskegon County.
- Pontiac Yacht Club on Cass Lake in Oakland County
- Scotch Lake in Oakland County
- Lake St. Clair Metro Beach in Macomb County
On top of that, four other beaches are under a contamination advisory:
- Beaverton City Park in Gladwin County
- Grand Traverse Bay-East- Bayside Acme Township Park in Grand Traverse County
- Grand Traverse Bay-West-Sunset Park in Grand Traverse County
- Sleeping Bear Dunes in Benzie County
Source: WNEM TV 5