Warning: People Posing As Consumers Energy Employees
Police are warning area residents about a Consumers Energy scam. Two residents in Owosso told authorities that they were approached at home by people posing as Consumers Energy employees. The scammers were attempting to get inside of the houses.
Consumers Energy is reminding us all that they DO NOT SOLICIT DOOR TO DOOR. They also are providing the following tips:
- If someone comes to your door purporting to be from Consumers Energy, ask for company identification. If you are unsure of an employee’s identification or of the product or service offered, call Consumers Energy at 800-477-5050.
- Never open your door to a suspicious person.
- Do not give cash to anyone for work you have not requested.
- Report any suspicious activity to local police.
- If you see any suspicious activity please contact your local law enforcement agency.