5 Random Facts About Snow
Since most of Michigan is covered in snow right now and many people are snowed into their homes, I figured it would be an appropriate time to learn more about this snow that's causing such turmoil.
Read on for 5 Random Facts About Snow, and stay warm!
5 Random Facts About Snow via UnofficialNetworks.com:
- Snow is actually colorless. What little sunlight is absorbed by snow is absorbed uniformly over the wavelengths of visible light thus giving snow its white appearance.
- Rochester, New York is the snowiest large city in the U.S., averaging 94 inches of snow a year.
- All snowflakes have six sides.
- People buy more cakes, cookies and candies than any other food when a blizzard is in the forecast.
- The average snowflake falls at a speed of 3.1 miles per hour.
For more snow facts, visit the Unofficial Networks website.