Monroe’s Races Continue, Help Him Support The American Heart Association Here
We are just over a month away from the big race my friends. I have a few more races this month as I train for my 15.6 mile Iron Warrior Dash in September. The goal; raise $1,000 for the American Heart Association.
The support I have received this summer has really been overwhelming. Everything from hearing supporters cheering me on along the racing courses to random people yelling words of encouragement as I run through the neighborhoods near my house. I've even ended up running with some badass listeners along the way.
My racing schedule is really starting to fill up too. I have at least 4 more races in my training schedule within the next month. If you are going to run any of these or be in attendance, hit me up so the Banana Family can join forces.
- Thursday, August 15th: Bauman's 5K Charity Race. A 5K run that starts at 7pm at Kettering's Rec Center. Details
- Saturday, August 24th: The Crim Festival of Races 10 Miler. This will be my longest race so far this summer.
- Sunday, August 25th: The Down & Dirty Mud Run in Detroit. From the Crim to the Down & Dirty, this weekend is going to kick my ass. This 10K mud run is just under half the distance I will run in the Iron Warrior Dash. Details.
- Saturday, September 7th: The Renaissance Run. Time to change up the scenery and take a 5K run through the Michigan Renaissance Festival Grounds in Holly. Details.
- Saturday, September 21st: The Iron Warrior Dash. This is the race I've been training for all summer. I will complete this 15.6 mile muddy beast and hopefully be able to hand over $1,000 to the American Heart Association. Details.
A big thanks to Bauman's Running Shop and Buddha's Bar & Grill in Fenton for helping me out with sponsorships so far. If you or your business would like to help me on my journey to raise this contribution for the AHA, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.