National Candy Corn Day is Tuesday
I love candy corn. I even love those little candy corn pumpkins that come out this time of year. But, I never could have imagined that candy corn has its own holiday. Surprise!
National Candy Corn Day is this Tuesday (Oct. 30), so whether you love or hate the sugar-packed treat, you'll have to stomach the sight of it for at least a day.
Check out a few random facts about candy corn via Candy-Corn.info below, as we count down to Halloween!
- One serving of candy corn contains only about 140 calories
- Candy corn has 3.57 calories per kernel
- More than 35 million pounds of candy corn will be produced this year. That equates to nearly 9 billion pieces -- enough to circle the moon nearly four times if laid end-to-end.
- Halloween accounts for 75% of the annual candy corn production
- A cup of candy corn has fewer calories than a cup of raisins.