Dog Trying to Get a Snack Sets House on Fire in Lake Orion [VIDEO]
A hungry golden retriever is being blamed for setting a house on fire in Lake Orion.
How Did the Fire Start?
Finn was just trying to reach for some food that had been left on a counter in the home when he accidentally turned on a gas burner. In the YouTube video below, you'll see Finn with his paws up on the counter, and then lying down when he hears the sound of the smoke detector.
Richard Veyna is the homeowner, and he tells Fox 2 in Detroit that he had just left the house for a few minutes to take his kids to school.
Homeowner's Security System Pays Off
Veyna tells the TV station that his security system alerted ADT when smoke was detected and 911 was contacted. Firefighters were able to put out the fire and rescue all of the pets that were home at the time.
Free Pet Alert Window Decals for Pet Families
A representative from ADT who helped dispatch firefighters to the scene met with Veyna and his pets earlier today. ADT is making a $5,000 donation to the Lake Orion Fire Department in order to provide pet alert window stickers to any pet owners in the area.
Window stickers to alert firefighters that pets and children may be present in a home are a great idea.
Take a look at the video below, provided by WJBK in Detroit.