Grand Blanc TWP Ranked In Top 10 For Deer-Vehicle Collisions
Last year, over 50,000 drivers in Michigan had some sort of accident with deer while on the roads.
I would go out on a limb here and say that the majority of drivers in Michigan have had some sort of scare when it comes to driving and animals. While birds and smaller animals will hurt your feelings more than your car, a deer can really ruin your day. Whether they jump out in front of you on a quiet dirt road or go hopping across the highway, they always make me fear a collision.
When I thought of areas with the highest deer collisions, Grand Blanc Township wasn't on my radar. However, it is actually in the top 10. The top ten areas with the highest number of accidents are listed below:
- Portage, Kalamazoo County. 198
- Union Township, Isabella County. 179
- Midland, Midland County. 177
- Breitung Township, Dickinson County. 174
- Rochester Hills, Oakland County. 166
- Grayling Township, Crawford County. 149
- Deerfield Township, Isabella County. 145
- Manistee Township, Manistee County. 137
- Spring Arbor Township, Jackson County. 137
- Grand Blanc Township, Genesee County 133
- Verona Township, Huron County. 133
Most of these accidents happened in October and November so be careful out there.