Guns N’ Roses Wide Release ‘It’s So Easy’ Video, Plus News on Cage the Elephant, Buckcherry + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, Wire-to-Wire provides you with some of the other key rock and metal news items from May 30, 2018:
- If you missed out on the Apple Music premiere, Guns N' Roses have now widely released the video for "It's So Easy" that was taken from a 1989 at the Cathouse in Hollywood. Watch the clip above. The video was released in coordination with the expansive Appetite for Destruction reissue coming June 29.
- Cage the Elephant's Matt Shultz will be busy at this year's Bonnaroo Festival. Shultz has signed on to curate Bonnaroo Plaza 9 for the first ever Happy Rooday celebration. The event is described as "equal parts interactive art installation, artist showcase, recharging oasis and perpetual party." “I’m really grateful for this opportunity and look forward to collaborating with some of the amazing talent at this year’s festival at the Farm. This activation is meant to reflect positivity and encourage people to begin anew," says Shultz. More info can be found here. Shultz and his fellow Cage the Elephant bandmate Nick Bockrath will also participate in the "Into the Great Wide Open" Tom Petty Superjam at Bonnaroo as well.
- Buckcherry will resume their recording career after Josh Todd most recently worked with his other project, Josh Todd and the Conflict. Speaking recently on WRIF's Meltdown, Todd revealed that the band just finished all the writing for their next album, with plans to record in October.
- Good Charlotte recently announced plans to release their Generation RX album on Sept. 14 and we now have a video for the lead single "Actual Pain." Watch the clip here.
- Lollapalooza continues to expand its brand, with organizers now revealing that there will be a Lollapalooza Stockholm taking place June 28-29 at the Gardet park in Stockholm in 2019. Details on the four-stage event will be revealed later this year.
- GWAR have been announced for the 19th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos. Watch the announcement here. This year's event will take place at Legend Valley in Thornville, Ohio July 18-21. For more details on this year's gathering, check here.
- Deafheaven are giving fans a taste of their new song "You Without End." Take a listen to a minute-long preview of the track here. The song is the opening track from the band's upcoming disc, Ordinary Corrupt Human Love, due July 13.
- Chelsea Grin have confirmed a July 13 street date for their upcoming album, Eternal Nightmare. The disc is the band's first with new vocalist Tom Barber.
- This should warm the hearts of Murderdolls fans. Wednesday 13 and Joey Jordison recently spent time together over the Memorial Day weekend. No word on whether or not the meet-up will lead to any musical plans, but as Wednesday 13 stated, it was the first time they'd crossed paths in seven years.
Loudwire Rock News