If Someone Puts a Plastic Bottle on Your Tire, It Means Trouble
There's a trick that crooks are using to steal from you and at first glance, it seems so innocent.
If you see a plastic bottle stuck between the tire and wheel well of your car, consider it a telltale sign that someone may attempt to rob you.
So how does it work?
- Would-be crooks place a plastic bottle, like an empty water bottle, on the tire on your car's passenger side.
- You probably won't notice it when you enter on the driver's side.
- When you begin to move, the bottle will make all sorts of noise.
- What's your first instinct? Jump out and walk around to the other side of the car to see what's happened.
- Since you probably left personal items like your cellphone or purse in the car, a crook who's lurking nearby now has an opportunity to grab your stuff. If you've left your keys (which most of us probably would) they may even drive off in your car.
We suggest you take a look at both sides of your vehicle before entering it. If you see a plastic bottle shoved between one of the tires and the frame, it might be a good idea to call 911.
The video below is in Spanish, but you'll get the idea.