13 Famous Michigan Restaurants Featured On TV’s ‘Man vs Food’
Foodies obsessed with food challenge shows celebrate whenever Michigan spots are featured nationally. 'Man vs Food' has visited the Mitten State many times since the show started in 2008. Today, we'll talk about and show you the tasty Michigan spots that have made the show.
What's the premise of 'Man vs Food?'
- The show explores "big food" offerings in different cities around the United States. Then doing a pre-existing eating challenge from a local restaurant they choose to highlight.
How many times has 'Man vs Food' been in Michigan?
- So far, the show has visited Michigan cities 13 times. That's since 2008. The most recent visits were 2018. (Note: 'Man vs Food' has had intermittent seasons, too.)
Which Michigan restaurant is most famous from 'Man vs Food?'
- Slows Bar BQ Detroit (several locations around the state) was featured in 2009. Even in 2023, people still rave about the food. The website, Daily Meal, just featured Slows again on their list of the 12 "Best Ever" spots to be featured on the show. The article raves about Slows Bar BQ "truly a tasty surprise in The Great Lakes State."
- Their Mac 'N Cheese is to die for, too. Yum.
Of 13 Michigan restaurants featured on 'Man vs Food,' one has recently closed.
- The former Parks & Rec Diner on Grand River Ave in Detroit, Michigan was famous for an incredible brunch. For the years it was open, they had a few executive chefs. Then, it closed in 2021.
- We'll miss the Parks & Rec Diner's Bourbon Peach Cinnamon Roll for sure (insert sad face here). We'd like to see 'Man vs Food' try to scarf down Flint's Mega Classic Diner's Mega Monster Burger in 30 minutes -- 3lbs of beef (10 patties). Yikes.