MHSAA High School Football State Championships this Weekend
The Davison Cardinals will play in the state championship this weekend at Ford Field.
It has been a long and crazy year for high school football in Michigan. After numerous shutdowns and rescheduled dates, the state championships will take place this weekend. All the action will go down at Ford Field in Detroit on Friday, January 22nd and Saturday, January 23rd.
The state championship games are as follows:
- 11-Player Finals
- DIVISION 1
- Davison (11-0) vs. West Bloomfield (10-1)
- Saturday, January 23rd at 1 pm
- DIVISION 2
- Muskegon Mona Shores (11-0) vs. Warren De La Salle (7-4)
- Friday, January 22nd at 1 pm
- DIVISION 3
- DeWitt (11-0) vs. River Rouge (9-1)
- Saturday, January 23rd at 7:30 pm
- DIVISION 4
- Cadillac (8-2) vs. Detroit Country Day (8-2)
- Friday, January 22nd at 7:30 pm
- DIVISION 5
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central (10-0) vs. Frankenmuth (11-0)
- Saturday, January 23rd at 4:30 PM
- DIVISION 6
- Montague (11-0) vs. Clinton (10-1)
- Friday, January 22nd at 4:30 pm
- DIVISION 7
- Traverse City St. Francis (9-2) vs. New Lothrop (10-0)
- Saturday, January 23rd at 10 am
- DIVISION 8
- Ubly (9-2) vs. Centreville (10-0)
- Friday, January 22nd at 10 am
- DIVISION 1
Congrats to Davison and Frankenmuth on making it to the state championships! Make Genesee and Saginaw County proud!
Unfortunately, due to the current Gatherings and Masks Order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, teams will only be allowed a small number of tickets for fans to watch the game at Ford Field. Each team is only being provided with 125 tickets to use for the team for family and friends. However, if you want to still cheer on your team and watch the game, you will be able to do that. Get all the details about the finals and live streams, click here.