MI Lottery Claim Centers Now Open by Appointment Only
If you are sitting on a large winning ticket from the Michigan Lottery, claims centers reopen today.
There is nothing better than winning a lot of money on a lottery ticket. They only downside is that if you have won recently, you've probably been sitting on your ticket as the Michigan Lottery claims centers have been closed. Well starting today, you can go claim your money as long as you have an appointment.
For those looking to cash in on their winnings, appointments can be made by calling 844-917-6325 and selecting a claim center. The Michigan Lottery has claim centers in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Livonia, Saginaw, and Sterling Heights. Claim centers will also be offering special hours for vulnerable populations. Winners who are over 60, pregnant, or that have chronic medical conditions can make appointments on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:45 am to 9:45 am.
Winners that will be heading to the claim centers are asked to observe the following rules and protocols during their visit:
- Wait in your vehicle until your appointment time to avoid forming lines.
- Bring and wear a face mask or covering.
- No guests of players are allowed inside the building unless necessary for medical assistance or as an interpreter.
- Observe social distancing, follow directional markings, and stand behind plexiglass shields at the counters.
- A maximum of 10 claims can be processed per each appointment.
- Those feeling sick should not make an appointment or visit the claim centers.
For those that don't want to visit the centers in person, claims can still be made by mail or dropped off outside the claim center. Drop-off claims can be made Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm. Get all the details of making a claim or making an appointment here.
Source: Michigan Lottery