Michigan Brews Win Medals at U.S. Open Beer Championship
Michigan breweries make great beer and these medals prove it.
If there is one thing that I love to do, it is to try out different beers from different breweries throughout Michigan. So I like and some I don't, but that is part of the fun and just another great way to support local small businesses. If you need a challenge for the holiday season, 15 different Michigan brews won medals that the U.S. Open Beer Championship...try them all!
The 2020 U.S. Open Beer Championship is one of the top three beer competitions in the United States. The competition features breweries "from Luxembourg to Louisiana." Those breweries sent in more than 6,000 beers that covered over 140 different styles. Deschutes Brewery of Bend, Oregon was the 2020 Grand National Champion, however, 15 different Michigan brews took home medals from the competition.
Here is the medal rundown for the Michigan breweries that won:
- Gold Medals
- Cedar Springs Brewing - Classic Irish Dry Stout
- Cedar Springs Brewing - Kusterer Pils
- Third Monk Brewing - Lyon Pride
- Third Monk Brewing - U47
- New Holland Brewing - Dragon's Milk White
- Silver Medals
- New Holland Brewing - Hazy River
- Workshop Brewing - Mallet
- Fetch Brewing - Jinkies
- American Harvest Brewpub - Grand Cru
- Bronze Medals
- American Harvest Brewpub - Cinful Imperial Porter
- Haymarket Brewing - Bollocks
- Haymarket Brewing - Sturgill
- Territorial Brewing - Gose Like Swayze
- New Holland Brewing - Dragon's Milk Solera
- Silver Harbor Brewing - Maple Grenade
Again, if you need something else to do this holiday season, try to get your hands on these and give these medal winners a try. There are plenty of places still open in Michigan where you can pick up some great Michigan brews.
Source: U.S. Open Beer Championship