Michigan Woman Bitten By Rattlesnake Outside Her Home
A Pinckney woman is home after spending four days in the hospital after getting bitten by a rattlesnake. Yes, a rattlesnake.
Officials say that Laura Bowen was walking around her yard while trying to clean out her garage last Monday, August 20th. As she went to walk out of the garage she felt a burning pain in her leg, which she described as "acid, burn, pain." Thankfully she was able to take a picture of the snake, which helped emergency responders identify it.
After learning that it was a Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake, Bowen was treated. After four days and 10 viles of anti-venom, she was released.
According to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, the Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake is listed as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act. Currently, only small, isolated populations remain. Obviously, some of them have found a home in good ole Pinckney.