Banana Crew Delivers Food To Local Hospital Heroes [PICS]
We all know by now, not all heroes wear capes. Our local heroes wear scrubs, masks, full body suits, gloves - I think you get it, I am talking about nurses, doctors and all healthcare workers.
Today Chris Monroe and I had the privilege of delivering food from Blondie's to Ascension Genesys in Grand Blanc, and McLaren Hospital in Lapeer.
If you bought a Banana101.5 ‘Here For Good‘ shirt, you helped to purchase the food from Blondie’s. This was definitely a group effort .
Although we could not go directly into the hospitals, we were met by some gracious, and very appreciative staff outside. You can see the pictures below.
Through out the month of May, thanks to your nominations, we have also had the opportunity to honor local nurses along with Elga Credit Union. We had so many great nominees, we turned Nurses Week into the entire month of May. As the month wraps up I would like to recognize these nurses one more time,
- Wendy Tanner, Hurley Hospital
- Jillian Bolton, Ascension Grand Blanc
- Kristine Myer, Ascension At Home Hospice
- Rebecca Huntoon, Ascension Grand Blanc
- Shalonda Scott, Hurley Hospital
- Patty Laur, North Branch School Nurse
- Ashley Verbeke, Hurley Covid-19 unit
- Brandie Kilburn ,Hurley Hospital
- Mike McCartney, Hurley Hospital
- Jill Walton, Ascension Grand Blanc
- Kathy Coggins McLaren, Hospital Flint
- Lauri Shafer, Hurley Hospital
- Melissa Embury, McLaren Hospital
- Kristina Kowalsky, McLaren Hospital
- Betty Bennett, Hurley Hospital
- Tawni Burgess, Hurley Hospital
- Amanda Davis, Mid Michigan Healthcare
- Tommy Groezinger, Hurley Hospital
- Brigitte King, Ascension
- Becky Hancock, Ascension Genesys.
- Dawn Aubrey, Genesys
- Rachel Carlton, Mid Michigan Healthcare
Thank you for all you do, we appreciate you.