Calling All Photographers – Genesee County 2020 Photography Contest
Are you a photographer with an eye for Genesee County? If so, this contest is for you. Genesse County is hosting a photography contest, to find awesome photos that capture the beauty of our county. From landmarks, to people, to the great outdoors - there is plenty to capture in Genesee County.
This is an opportunity to showcase something, or someone in our community, and of course, for photographers to showcase their talents as well. You know what they say, a picture is worth one thousand words, let us see what stories your pictures have to tell.
I am sure you have questions, I have answers to most of them below. If you enter, let me know - and good luck.
Who Is Eligible To Enter?
- The contest is open to any photographer over 18 years old.
- If you are under the age of 18, then your parent or legal guardian must enter on your behalf.
- All photos must be taken in Genesee County, Michig
Official Contest Rules:
- Photos must comply with all applicable laws.
- Photos that are obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or inappropriate will be disqualified at our discretion.
- Only minor editing of a photo is acceptable. Extensively edited photos will be ineligible.
- Before submitting a photo with an identifiable person, you must obtain a release signed by the person (or their parent or legal guardian) using this form: Genesee County Photo Release. You must send us any release within 7 days of your submission via email (email@example.com).
- By entering the contest, photographers automatically give Genesee County permission to publish the submitted images in print, publications, social media, and on websites, with photo credit always given.
General Contest Information:
- Genesee County is seeking photos that illustrate the lifestyle, beauty and assets of our County. Topics to consider are listed below, but we encourage creativity.
- Nature & the Outdoors: Scenic shots of Genesee County parks, waterways and wildlife from any time of the year. Action shots of people of all ages playing, biking, hiking, fishing, boating, bird watching, etc.
- Culture and Arts: Attractions such as the Flint Institute of Arts, Linden Mills Historical Society, Longway Planetarium, Sloan Museum, etc.
- Shopping: Local shops & boutiques, farmer's markets, etc.
- Food & Drink: Genesee County restaurants, food festivals, food trucks, etc.
- Festivals & Events: Back to the Bricks, Alley Fest, The HAP Crim Festival of Races, Montrose's Blueberry Festival, Davison's Festival of Flags, etc.
- History: Historical sites, buildings, landmarks, attractions, such as Historic Saginaw Street, Applewood Estate, Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad, etc.
📣 Calling all photographers, amateur photographers, and hobbyists.
We want to showcase your incredible photos of our...