Car Safety Tips For Driving This Winter
Mother Nature has slapped us in the face this week and reminded us that it's December and we live in Michigan. Frigid temps are here and well even tho this year we have not had the amount of snow like it has been in the past during the month of December. That just means January and February are going to be a winter wonderland and the roads will be fun to dive on as they are every winter.
So I thought I would put out a little list to help remind us all to have and things to get ready for the winter blues on the road.
- Check your fluids in your car. Like antifreeze and windshield wiper fluids
- Try not to let your gas tank go below a quarter tank of gas. Don't want those lines freezing up on you this winter and this could cost you a pretty penny.
- Change the wiper blades on your car. This is an easy one but can help during those times where the snow is thick and heavy.
- Some key things to keep in the trunk of your car in case of an emergency.
- Snowbrush/ Ice scrapper
- Jumper cables (that work)
- Kitty litter. Yes, kitty litter. Not only will it weigh down the back of your car but if you get stuck in the snow it will give the tires some traction to get out.
Some of these tips yes are common sense but sometimes often forgotten about. As always give yourself extra time to get to your destination and drive safe this winter.