Five Things You’ll Need to Compete at Banana 101.5’s Curl Jam 2019
Banana 101.5's Curl Jam 2019 is tomorrow at The Barn in Fenton! If your team is signed up, here are a few things to keep in mind. If you're not signed up, it's not too late.
The first ever Curl Jam goes down at The Barn in Fenton tomorrow. Teams will be competing for a couple of Amazon Echoes, concert tickets, and more. Here are a few things you might want to make sure you have for the tournament.
- Warm clothes. While competing in the tournament, your team will be outside during play, so make sure you have coats, hats, and gloves to keep you warm. However, when your team is not playing, you are welcome to hang out inside The Barn to warm up. Check out the video above to see what we mean.
- Shoes with grip. Curling is a game played on a sheet of ice. You might want to bring some shoes or boots that have some grip so you don't fall on your ass.
- Non-competitive/non-obnoxious attitudes. As with any Banana 101.5 league, tournament or competition, it's all about having fun. If you have ever been referred to as "that guy" at other tournaments or competitions, this is not the tournament for you.
- Semi-functioning liver. We here at Banana 101.5 are the leaders in the world of day-drinking. We actually have an office pool going on as to when Maggie has her first shot of tequila. (Come on 11:27!!!!)
- Empty stomach. If you're going to day-drink with us, be sure put some food in your belly. The Barn has some amazing food to fill you up during the competition. The Nacho Mountain is the perfect size for a team during competition.
If you would like to play in the free curing tournament with us, sign up below and we will see you tomorrow. Remember, the curling tournament is free, but you will be responsible for your own food and drinks.