Michigan’s Adventure Opening Water Park Next Week
We've got some good news and some bad news when it comes to Michigan's Adventure in Muskegon.
Michigan's Adventure will be opening up their WildWater Adventure water park next Thursday, July 16th for pass holders and for the general public on July 17th. Unfortunately, the amusement park will not open this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Fox 17, Camille Jourden-Mark, VP and general manager, Michigan’s Adventure and WildWater Adventure had this to say:
The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority, and we want them to feel confident that they can enjoy our waterpark in a manner that’s both safe and fun.
Our new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. We are ready to welcome our guests back for some family fun.
According to Michigan's Adventure, there's going to be some changes including new safety protocols that will be in place for the 2020 season.
- An online reservation must be made prior to visiting the park.
- Guests must complete a pre-visit health screening 24 hours prior to admission.
- All guests and associates will be required to wear face coverings while in the park. You won't have to wear a mask in pools and water attractions.
- At least one member of your group must have the park mobile app on their phone.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the park.
- Temperature screenings prior to entering the park.
It seems like a lot to have to go through for some family fun but it's 2020, it's what must be done.