New COVID Testing Clinics Opening in Saginaw and Lansing
Good news for those needing to be tested for COVID-19, there are five more free coronavirus testing clinics opening in Michigan this week, including sites in Saginaw and Lansing.
According to ABC 12, these are the new locations:
- New Beginnings Deliverance Ministry at 2609 E. Genesee St. in Saginaw. Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays and Tuesday, along with noon to 7 p.m. Thursdays beginning now.
- Epicenter of Worship at 517 W. Jolly Road in Lansing. Open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m Sundays beginning on Sept. 10.
Flint locations that opened last week:
- Macedonia Baptist Church, G5443 N. Saginaw St. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays every week.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, B1309 N. Ballenger Highway. Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 1 to 7 p.m. Thursdays.
- Word of Life Christian Church, 460 W. Atherton Road. Open from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, Michigan’s chief medical executive and chief deputy for health:
We are working to make these Neighborhood Testing Sites as accessible as possible to the communities most in need. Ensuring all Michiganders can get tested is a priority for the department and we appreciate the partnerships with these community organizations helping make that happen.
If you're like me and you get anxiety over the thought of someone shoving a large cotton swab up your nose, don't worry because a less invasive saliva test will be used at the sites.
Online registration is available on the Michigan coronavirus website.