Sleeping Bear Dunes Pushes Opening to July 1st
For many of us, we are itching to go camping and it looks like there might be some light at the end of the tunnel.
It is no secret that camping is one of Michigan's favorite pastimes and with the coronavirus pandemic, much of the camping season has been on the fence. Well, Sleeping Bear Dunes has announced that it plans to open up for the season on July 1st. The following facilities are set to open on that date:
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive
- D.H. Day Campground
- D.H. Day Group Campground
- Platte River Campground
- White Pine Campground
- South Manitou Island campgrounds and operations (including restrooms and lighthouse)
- North Manitou Island camping and operations (including restrooms)
- Glen Haven (Cannery Boat Museum, Blacksmith Shop, and D.H. Day Exhibit)
- Sleeping Bear Point US Lifesaving Service Station
If you have already made reservations for camping between May 1st and June 20th of this year, be sure to check your email for refund information.
To keep up to date on the latest information, click here.