Breakfast Cereals Test Positive For Weed Killer
We all have different things that we like to eat in the morning. If your breakfast consists of cereal, you might want to read this.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) conducted a second round of testing on some of your favorite cereals and the tests revealed levels of glyphosate in the food. Several oat-based breakfast bars and cereals tested positive for this substance, which is also the same ingredient used in Round-Up. Actually, 26 of the 28 items tested had higher levels of glyphosate than what is considered safe for kids.
Some of the products include:
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats, Honey, Raisins & Almonds
- Nature Valley Granola Protein Oats 'n Honey
- Quaker Dinosaur Eggs, Brown Sugar, Instant Oatmeal
- Cheerios Toasted Whole Grain Oat Cereal
- Lucky Charms Frosted Toasted Oat Cereal with Marshmallows
There are quite a few more so be sure to check the product list. To see the complete list of "tainted" cereal items, click here.