High School Football Playoff Pairings For Genesee County & Surrounding Areas
The MHSAA Selection Sunday event happened this weekend, and now we know who will be playing in the first round of the High School Football playoffs.
Only the top 32 teams of each division get a playoff birth, so there is plenty of suspense on selection Sunday. The MHSAA announced all of the first round matchups for 11 man and 8 man football. Halloween weekend will kick off with a trick play or two I'm sure as most teams try to get the treat of advancing to the second round.
If you've ever wondered exactly how the pairings are determined, it's actually pretty simple.
Pairings for the first three weeks of the tournament are based on regular-season playoff point averages, with the highest-ranked team hosting, regardless of the distance between the two schools.
When I say simple, that's assuming that someone else has to do all of the math to determine the averages and such.
Getting tickets to the playoff games will require you to buy them online this year. The MHSAA is hoping to decrease the amount of face to face transactions by making fans buy playoff tickets online this year.
If you are wanting to go to a game, you'll have to buy your tickets here.
You can see the complete list of first round games from the MHSAA here, and check out the teams in and around Genesee County below. All games will be played Friday night at 7pm unless noted below.
- Holt (7-2) 68.444 at Grand Blanc (9-0) 81.111
- Lapeer (7-2) 64.556 at Rochester Adams (9-0) 79.389
- Saginaw Heritage (4-5) 50.222 at Traverse City Central (8-1) 71.222
- Bay City Western (7-2) 56.556 at Midland Dow (6-3) 63.778
- Swartz Creek (5-4) 47.556 at South Lyon (9-0) 78.014
- Orchard Lake St. Mary's (5-4) 51.417 at Kearsley (6-3) 52.556
- Ortonville Brandon (6-3) 48.472 at Lake Fenton (8-1) 61.556
- Goodrich (7-2) 56.889 at Freeland (8-1) 57.889
- North Branch (7-2) 48.000 at St. Clair (7-2) 57.361
- Carrollton (5-4) 35.889 at Frankenmuth (9-0) 62.111
- Swan Valley (5-4) 42.667 at Essexville Garber (5-4) 44.222
- Corunna (5-4) 42.111 at Powers Catholic (3-6) 43.111
- Durand (6-3) 36.333 at Lansing Catholic (8-1) 59.556
- Ovid-Elsie (6-3) 37.333 at Millington (9-0) 46.333
- New Lothrop (6-3) 40.000 at Montrose (7-2) 40.000
- Vassar (4-5) 24.778 at Breckenridge (7-2) 34.111
- Fowler (6-3) 31.500 at Beecher (4-5) 32.917
15 Most Important Games In The Michigan vs Michigan State Rivalry
7 Forgotten Golf Courses Around Genesee County