Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Grand Blanc Township Family
A Grand Blanc Township family has their carbon monoxide detector to thank for saving their lives earlier this week.
According to ABC12, the family had recently purchased the detector based on the advice of firefighters in a social media post. Firefighters say the children arrived home from school Tuesday to sounds of the alarm.
The fire department was called, when they arrived they found unsafe levels of carbon dioxide in the home caused by the family's water heater.
This is a good reminder to get a carbon monoxide detector if you don't already have one. I'm embarrassed to say, after living in my current home since 2012, I don't have a single detector in my place. That's about to change because I literally just ordered 3 from Amazon.
According to Safety, at least one carbon monoxide detector must be installed on each floor of your home, including the basement. You’ll also want to consider adding a detector in your garage if it’s attached to your home. And most importantly, install a carbon monoxide detector inside or directly outside of each bedroom or sleeping area.