One of my worst fears has always been a house fire. I don't burn candles, I quadruple check the stove if I have used it before leaving the house, and when it comes to ironing - forget about it. Too many times in my life I have had to turn my car around after leaving home to be sure the iron was unplugged.

Banana 101.5 logo
Get our free mobile app

This past Saturday, March 20th, the home of Nicole Herzog, Gordie Cook and their three children burned down. As you can see in the pictures below, this house fire was a total loss for the family. Information on the GoFundMe account set up for the family, states that everything was destroyed and nothing has been salvageable. The Grand Blanc family escaped with only the clothes on their back.

At the time I am writing this, over $9000 dollars has been donated to the family via Go Fund Me. Great Harvest Bread Company in Grand Blanc is also stepping up to raise money. From now until Tuesday, March 30th, 10% of every sale will be donated to the family. There will also be a donation box set up inside of the store too. Big shout out to owner Scott Sassack and his crew at GHBC. A big thank you as well to all of the brave firefighters who helped extinguishing the fire.

If you are able to donate please do, I know I will be. My thoughts are with the family at this most difficult time.

On Saturday, 3/20, a Grand Blanc family lost everything in a horrible fire. To help in a difficult move forward, Great...

Posted by Great Harvest Bread Co. Grand Blanc on Sunday, March 21, 2021

Please avoid McCandlish Rd. between Saginaw St. and Vassar Rd. as crews respond to a working structure fire. Additional units will be responding from surrounding departments to assist as well.

Posted by Grand Blanc Township Fire Department on Saturday, March 20, 2021

Grand Blanc House Fire

The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest

More From Banana 101.5