COVID-19 Reported at 18 Mid-Michigan Schools Including Reid Elementary
Michigan health officials continue to monitor coronavirus outbreaks at school around the state. As you'd expect, there's another fat list that includes 18 Mid-Michigan schools that are reporting new cases.
While there's plenty of schools reporting outbreaks, there's only one new case in Genesee County that we need to be worried about at the moment. Reid Elementary School in Goodrich reported three COVID-19 illnesses involving only staff.
Health officials are continuing to monitor several other coronavirus outbreaks at Mid-Michigan schools.
- Barhitte Elementary School in Burton - three confirmed COVID-19 illnesses.
- South Bendle Elementary School in Burton - three confirmed COVID-19 illnesses.
- Perry Innovation Center in Grand Blanc - two confirmed COVID-19 illnesses
- University of Michigan-Flint - eight confirmed coronavirus cases.
- Tawas Area High School - six confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Almont High School - seven confirmed coronavirus cases.
- Imlay City High School - six confirmed cases.
- Lapeer High School - 12 confirmed cases.
- Weston Elementary School in Imlay City - six confirmed cases.
- Zemmer Middle School in Lapeer - nine confirmed cases.
- Midland County Education Service Agency Sugnet Building - six confirmed cases.
- Northwood University in Midland - 110 confirmed cases.
- Highland Pines School in Caro - nine confirmed cases.
- Akron-Fairgrove School - three confirmed COVID-19 cases.
After seeing numbers like that, you kind of understand why some kids aren't in school at the moment.
It's crazy that December is almost here and my son still hasn't stepped foot in Grand Blanc High School and won't until January 26th when the kids are expected to start face to face learning.
I can't wait for all of this to be over...something I've been saying since back in March.