Is Bed Bath & Beyond in Flint Closing Its Doors for Good?
Genesee County residents are starting to wonder if Bed Bath & Beyond on Miller Road in Flint will remain open after the company's recent struggles.
Back in September, the company announced it was planning to lay off 20% of its workforce. If you remember, after announcing their turnaround plans, Chief Financial Officer Gustavo Arnal died by suicide.
Adding fuel to the already out-of-control fire, Thursday the company announced it doesn’t have enough cash to pay down its debts and it has defaulted on its credit line with JPMorgan, warning once again of a potential bankruptcy.
When the company announced the plan to lay off 20% of its workforce last year, it was also announced that these Michigan stores would be closing.
- Chesterfield: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Road
- Northville Township: 17223 Haggerty Road
- Walker: 3410 Alpine Ave. NW
- White Lake Township: 9050 Highland Road
Just a few weeks ago, they added even more Michigan stores to that list.
The stores set to close include:
- Ann Arbor: 3645 Washtenaw Ave.
- Auburn Hills: 4780 Baldwin Road
- Brighton: 8467 W. Grand River
- Lansing: 5845 W. Saginaw Highway
- Muskegon: 5540 Harvey St.
Things are not looking good for Bed Bath & Beyond.
Is Bed Bath & Beyond in Flint Closing?
As of this very moment, no. However, with the issues the company is facing, it's only a matter of time. I have a feeling that announcement will be coming soon.
I'm surprised the Flint store didn't close years ago. Every time I walk in there, it looks like they're going out of business.
The last thing Flint needs is another business closing its doors for good.