Over 400 Burger King Employees in Michigan About to Lose Their Jobs
Last week we told you about the surprise closing of Burger King on Dort Highway in Flint. We later found out that Burger King on Clio Road was also closing its doors for good.
Come to find out, those aren't the only Burger King locations in Michigan that are closing. According to WDIV, EYM King of Michigan will close 26 of its Burger King locations in Metro Detroit by April 15.
The closure of these locations will force 424 employees to be laid off.
It's unclear at the moment why all of these locations are closing. All the company has said is that they were closing due to the “unforeseen business circumstance.”
Burger King locations that will be closed by mid-April:
- Dearborn Heights: 20401 West Warren Avenue
- Detroit: 20200 Grand River Avenue
- Detroit: 2155 Gratiot Avenue
- Detroit: 9239 Gratiot Avenue
- Detroit: 18021 Kelly Road
- Detroit: 9871 Livernois
- Detroit: 16245 Livernois
- Detroit: 20240 Plymouth Road
- Detroit: 12661 Mack Avenue
- Detroit: 13600 West McNichols Road
- Detroit: 17440 East Warren Avenue
- Detroit: 8201 Woodward Avenue
- Detroit: 15500 West 7 Mile Road
- Ecorse: 3863 West Jefferson Avenue
- Ferndale: 10336 West 8 Mile Road
- Flint: 3801 Clio Road
- Flint: 3625 South Dort Highway
- Highland Park: 13324 Woodward Avenue
- Livonia: 28203 Plymouth Road
- Livonia: 34835 Plymouth Avenue
- Royal Oak: 31456 Woodward Avenue
- Southfield: 30711 Southfield Road
- Southfield: 23660 Telegraph Road
- Walled Lake: 1113 East West Maple Road
- Warren: 2411 East 8 Mile Road
- Whitmore Lake: 9774 East M-36
While most people are bummed about the closures, one woman on Facebook was happy about the decision.
That is great! Maybe they can all close and we can start eating healthier at home. Maybe McDonalds will follow.
That is a terrible thing to say especially after 400+ people just lost their jobs.
I'm just glad the Burger King location near my house will remain open so I can still get my chicken sandwich fix.