Small Businesses Could Receive Up To $20K With MI Grant Program
The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program aims to help small businesses with up to $20,000.
Small businesses in Michigan that have been impacted by the Gatherings and Mask Order could receive a grant worth up to $20,000 from the State of Michigan. The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program has allocated $55 million to support the needs of Michigan businesses that are struggling.
The application process for the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program will begin on Tuesday, January 19th at 9 am and continue through Friday, January 22nd at noon. If your small business is going to apply for a grant, click here for some details to help you prepare for the process.
The eligibility requirements for the grants are as follows:
- Had 1 to 100 employees on a world-wide basis on November 17th, 2020 (including full-time, part-time, and owner/employees)
- In an industry affected by the Gatherings and Mask Order
- Needs working capital to support expenses like rent, utilities, etc...
- Demonstrates an income loss as a result of the Order
- Is not a live music or entertainment venue that is eligible for funds under Section 401 of Public Act 257 of 2020: Michigan Stages Survival Grant
The industries that were impacted by the Gatherings and Mask Order include:
- Food service establishments
- Exercise facilities
- Entertainment venues or live event venues not eligible for the Michigan Stage Survival Grant
- Recreational facilities and places of public amusement
- Personal care services
- Childcare and camps
- and others.
To see the complete details and learn where and how to apply, click here for the information.