Ten Michigan Beaches Closed Due to Contamination
It looks like we are heading for another great Michigan weekend that would be perfect for the beach, however, not all the beaches are open.
The temperatures for the weekend will be in the 80's and it looks like we should see quite a bit of sun. Those are the perfect conditions for the beach. Sadly, not all the beaches in Michigan will be open. Many beaches are closed due to some sort of contamination.
Check out this list of closed beaches before you head out:
- Reed Lake - Reed Lake Property Owners. Oakland County
- Eagle Lake - Lakeland Estates. Oakland County
- White Lake - Maple Park. Muskegon County
- Lake Superior - Lighthouse Overlook. Keweenaw County
- Lake Superior - Copper Harbor - West Lagoon. Keweenaw County
- Duck Lake - Seven Craven Association. Oakland County
- Wolverine Lake - Spring Lake Heights. Oakland County
- Houghton Lake - Houghton Lake Heights. Roscommon County
- Walled Lake - E.V. Mercer City Beach. Oakland County
- Sylvan Lake - Ferndale. Oakland County
Check out all the beaches and an updated closure list here.