Downed Power Line in Detroit Kills Family’s 2 Dogs in Backyard
A family in Detroit is devastated after a downed power line killed their two dogs.
Early Wednesday evening as Michigan was getting hammered by a brutal ice storm, a woman and her kids witnessed their two dogs get electrocuted. The incident happened in Southwest Detroit after a power line came down in the family's backyard.
The woman says she watched the family's two dogs get electrocuted but sent her kids into the house. A smart move on her part as those kids would have been scarred for life from witnessing something like that. They still might be traumatized a bit depending on how much of the incident they saw.
She said there was nothing she could do but watch as the power line electrocuted her two dogs.
My dog was on fire. I had to send my kids in the house.
According to Fox 2 Detroit, the dogs were named Legend and Pharoah.
I've had them since they were six weeks. And they were going on two now. And they were brothers.
I can't imagine being forced to watch my pets get electrocuted and catch on fire. That woman must have felt absolutely helpless. I mean with a downed power line, there's literally nothing that you can do but stay away.
It's hard enough losing one pet to a tragedy much less two on the same day.
If you see a downed power line, you can report it here.