Michigan Beach Closings and Contamination Advisories
Yesterday was the first official day of summer and like any other Michigan summer, the list of beach closings is growing.
If you are planning on taking the family to the beach this weekend, make sure you check if the beach you want to go to is open. There are plenty of other beaches throughout the state so these shouldn't slow you down too much.
Here is the list of beaches that are closed for this weekend:
- Conger-Lighthouse Beach in St. Clair County - Lake Huron
- Fort Gratiot County Park in St. Clair County - Lake Huron
- Holland Road Beach in St. Clair County - Lake Huron
- Keewadhin Road Beach in St. Clair County - Lake Huron
- Sunset Park in Muskegon County - Wolf Lake
- Mona Lake Park Beach in Muskegon County - Mona Lake
- St. Clair Shores Memorial Park Beach in Macomb County - Lake St. Clair
There are also two beaches with contamination advisories in effect:
- Stratford Wood Park Beach in Midland County - Kiwassee Lake
- Richfield Township Public Fishing Site in Roscommon County - Lake St. Helen
Source: WNEM TV 5