Michigan Beaches That are Closed This Weekend Due to High Bacteria Levels
If you're thinking about hitting the beach this weekend, you might want to check our list of Michigan beaches that are closed because of high bacteria levels.
According to WXYZ, The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy say six beaches in Michigan are closed this weekend due to high bacteria levels. Another beach is closed for an unknown reason.
Closed beaches in Michigan:
- Crooked Lake at Independence Oaks County Park in Oakland County - High bacteria levels
- Ross Lake at Beaverton City Park in Gladwin County - High bacteria levels
- Independence Lake at Independence Lake County Park in Washtenaw County - High bacteria levels
- Lake Superior at Black River Harbor Beach in Gogebic County - Sewage sanitary sewer overflow
- Handsome Lake at Crossroads for Youth in Oakland County - High bacteria levels
- Billings Lake at Manton Park in Wexford County - High bacteria levels
- The Sanford Lake Park beach is also closed and has been closed since the major flooding in June.
The last time I went to a beach was back in January when I was in Mexico. I haven't stepped foot on a Michigan beach once this year at all. As a matter of fact, the last one I went to was Silver Lake Park in Fenton and that was 9 years ago. I really need to get out more often.