YMCA Creates School Year Day Camp to Help Parents and Students
The YMCA of Greater Flint has created a new camp to help parents with the upcoming school year.
This school year is undoubtedly the most stressful year we have ever seen for both parents and students. Every school is different and some kids and parents are left with many struggles in the future. If you are a parent and are worried about working and making sure that your child stays up to date on their schoolwork, the YMCA has created a school year day camp to help you out.
The camp begins on Tuesday, September 8th at Camp Copneconic in Fenton. Here are a few of the details that you'll need to know if you decide to send your child to camp.
- The School Year Day Camp will be available Monday through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm.
- Extended care hours are available from 7 am until 8 am and 5 pm and 6 pm.
- Your child will receive a light breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack.
- Staff will be available to help your student with their virtual learning classes.
- Age-appropriate camp activities will happen each day.
- The camp will be divided into small groups and will wear masks and social distance.
The camp will run on a flexible schedule to be able to fulfill all the remote and virtual learning times for students. The YMCA staff will also be able to help your students with technical support and troubleshooting should any problems arise. The day camp is designed for students K-8 and registration is open now. The cost of the day camp is $250 per week. To learn more and get all the details, click here.